TP-Link Extender Setup
TP Link Extender Setup
TP Link Extenders are designed to flawlessly boost wireless signals to areas which were previously unattainable or hard to reach. These extenders help to broaden and improve coverage area by connecting wirelessly to your router. Additionally, you will experience smooth and consistent performance only with the help of these extenders. Also, it eliminates the signal interference in your office or home to ensure the users with a consistent wi-fi coverage area.
Descriptive procedure to set up a TP Link Extender by accessing the web browser
- The primary step is to unbox your TP Link Extender and then line up its attachments according to it very carefully.
- Now, take your extender and simply put it into the working wall socket. Wait for some time until the power LED light on the extender turns solid green.
Note: While the TP Link Extender Setup you must ensure that your extender should be placed near your router to enjoy the proper functioning of the extender.
- Moving on with the process of TP Link Extender Setup the most important part is to attach your computing device with the extender through the Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi network.
- If you opt for the wired setup, simply take the Ethernet cable and insert one end of the ethernet wire into the ethernet port of your router and another end with your computer.
- The alternative way to connect your extender is through the wi-fi connection. For this, you first have to launch the wi-fi connection manager on your computer or laptop and immediately link to the default network (SSID) of the extender called TP-Link Extender.You will locate this SSID network name on the label that is presented on the back side of your extender.
- Afterwards, open the upgraded version of the preferred web browser on your device.
- Search for your browser’s address field and input the URL rightly which is tplinkrepeater.net and hit the Enter key.
- Generate a unique and a very strong password for the management of your TP Link Extender. It is advised that you must create a long password in order to keep it secure and safe from the online hackers. Reinsert the same password to confirm the same in the allotted slot and click the Start button.
- Soon after this, you need to opt for the host router’s 2.4 GHz SSID network name from the list of available networks. Once you find your host network name, input the password for the same into the specified fields and hit the Next button.
- Just in case, you have dual band routers then you have to opt for the host router’s 5 GHz network name and insert the password for it. After this, tap on the Next button.
- You will be presented with a pop up box, have an overview of both the SSID name and password of your dual band routers and click the Confirm button.
- Thereafter, you will be taken to the new page where you are required to set up the extended network name which is the SSID of your extender. Here, if you want to customize the SSID network name according to your preference, you can do so by entering the network name into the assigned fields. Then, opt for the Next button.
- Furthermore, it will reboot your computing device to apply all these settings on your device.
- Later on, move your extender to a new place where you want to extend the network. Ensure that the location you have opted must be within the range of your host network and once you establish the connection you can easily enjoy the wireless network connection even in dead zones.
Alternative methods for TP Link Extender Setup
Apart from setting up your extender through the web browser you can also connect your extender with the Tether app. Otherwise, you can also use the WPS method to accomplish the TP Link Extender Setup.
TP Link Extender Setup with the help of WPS button
The most convenient and simple way to extend your internet network is setting up your TP Link Extender via WPS method.You can opt for the WPS Push button method to set up your range extender only if it has a WPS button. In case, if the extender doesn’t have the WPS button then you can opt for other methods for the extender setup.
- In the initial phase, make sure that your extender is turned on and all the attachments are fixed properly.
- The next thing you have to do is to navigate the WPS button that is presented on the rear side of your router and press it. In the interim, you are required to press the WPS button on your extender also for upto 2 minutes.
- Your TP link extender has a WPS LED light that indicates that the WPS connection is successful. Once the connection is established successfully you will see the WPS LED lights turn green on your extender.
- After that, if you want to extend your network to the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz you have to repeat the same procedure as it is once again.
- Next, you have to relocate the extender by plugging it into the area to which you want to extend the network.
- Now, check whether the WPS LED light on the extender ambers green light or not. If you are getting the red light you have to move your extender closer to the router to establish the better connection.
- With this, the TP Link Extender Setup is complete with the WPS Push method.
TP Link Extender Setup using the Tether (Mobile Application)
- In the beginning, take out your range extender from the box and remove all the tapes and packaging stuff from it. Continuing with this, hook up your extender closely near the wall socket where your router is placed.
- Doing so, you will notice the green light on your extender. It means your extender is well connected with the router and now you can proceed further with the TP Link Extender Setup procedure.
- The next thing you have to do is to configure your range extender. To do so, open PlayStore or App Store whichever application is available on your mobile phones.
- Instantly, after that, navigate the search bar and simply write down the Tether app and press the search icon besides it. Then, it will showcase you with the list of all the available options and from there choose the Tether app. After this, tap on the Install or Get Started tab to install the application into your device.
- Presently, access the settings option and hook up your device with the extender via wi-fi network connection. To do so, connect it to the default network connection which is TP- Link Extender by entering the password for the same. Once you are connected, close down the settings menu.
- Then, launch the installed Tether app on your device and you will see the login window right in front of you. Here, you have to construct a new password for your extender and click on the Create button.
- As a result, it will begin searching for the host network of your router. If your router is of the 2.4 GHz opt for it and insert the password for it correctly and click Next.
- Thereafter, select the host network of 5 GHz and insert the password for the same and click Next.
- Next, you have to verify the host network that you have been opted for and opt for the Next button to proceed further with the TP Link Extender Setup.
- Furthermore, set up the network name SSID of your extender as per your choice and simply tap on the Apply button. With this, the settings are successfully applied to your device.
- After this, you are required to relocate the extender and then simply connect it to the extender’s network connection and then click on the Join tab.
- Here, it concludes the setup process through the tether application successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Do I need to reconfigure the TP Link Extender after relocating it?
Ans. No, you don’t have to perform the configuration process after relocating the TP Link Extender. This is because once you have completed the configuration part it saves the settings into your extender and a normal reset will not remove the settings. But in case, you have customized your router’s host settings or the range extender has been reset to factory defaults you have to reconfigure the TP Link Extender again.
Q2. How many TP Link Range Extenders can you utilize in your home?
Ans. To experience the better performance of your range extenders it is advised that you can have one or two extenders in your home. Just in case, you are utilizing two range extenders, you need to ensure that both the TP Link range extenders must be hooked up with the host wi-fi network connection.
Q3. Is it possible to change the extender’s wi-fi name while the TP Link Extender Setup?
Ans. Yes, you can change the extender’s wi-fi name as per your preference in order to complete the process of extender setup.
Q4. What should I do when my TP Link Extender is continuously showing red light?
Ans. If you are continuously receiving the red light on your TP Link Extender, it simply indicates that your extender is placed in a bad location. So, in order to get rid of the error you need to shift your extender closer to your router. Along with this, ensure that your extender is halfway between your router and the dead zone area. Just by performing all these troubleshooting steps you can overcome this issue.