TP-link ac1200 extenders are made to boost wireless signals flawlessly to hard-to-reach or inaccessible areas. TP-link ac1200 extenders help to improve and broaden the coverage area. They connect wirelessly to your router. Moreover, the users experience a consistent and smooth performance only by using the extenders like tp-link ac1200. Also, it decreases signal interference in your home or office. In addition to this, these extenders ensure the users for a consistent WiFi coverage area.
In this post, we have rounded a complete step by step guide about how to set up your tp-link ac1200 WiFi extender.
Setup Tp-link AC1200 WiFi Extender Via Web Browser
- First, you have to unbox your Tp-link ac1200 WiFi Extender.
- Then, line up all of its attachments very carefully.
- Now, hold the extender and simply plug it in a wall socket.
- After that, wait for a few minutes until the extender’s power LED light turns solid green.
- Remember, you have to ensure that your tp-link ac1200 extender is plugged in near the router for proper functioning.
- Furthermore, the most important part is connecting your computing device with the extender via Ethernet Cable or WiFi network.
- If you opt for a cable network, insert one end of the wire into the router’s Ethernet port and another to your computer.
- In case you choose a WiFi connection, launch the WiFi connection manager on the system. Then, immediately link to the default network called tp-link ac1200. You will find this SSID network name on the label present on your extender’s backside.
- Afterward, you have to open the upgraded version of the preferred web-browser.
- Search for the browser’s address field and input the URL accurately. The URL is tplinkrepeater.net. After that, enter the key.
- Now, generate a unique and strong password for your tp-link ac1200 extender’s management. Then, reinsert and confirm the password and click on the ‘start’ button.
- Now, opt for a host router’s 2.4 GHz SSID network name from the list of networks available. Once on finding the host network name, input the password, and hit the ‘Next’ button.
- If you have a dual-band router, you have to opt for the host router’s 5 GHz network and insert a password for it. After that, proceed to the Next option.
- Thereafter, a popup box will open. You have to overview both the SSID name and password of your dual-band router. Then, click to confirm.
- After this, you will be redirected to a page for the set up of extended network name. This must be the SSID of your extender.
- There, you can customize the SSID network name as per preference. You can do it by entering the network name in the given fields. Then, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- As a result, your system will get a reboot to apply all the settings.
- Later, move your extender to a place where you wish to extend the network.
- Remember, the location must be within the range of your host network.
Setup Procedure using the WPS button
This is the most convenient and straightforward way to extend your internet network via the WPS method. For this, one needs to opt for the WPS push button method. Here are the steps of such setup for your tp-link ac1200:
- First, make sure that your extender is turned on with all attachments appropriately fixed.
- Now, navigate the WPS button present on the rear side of your router and press it.
- You have to press this WPS button for about 2 minutes.
- After that, you will see that your tp-link ac1200 extender’s WPS LED light is on. It indicates that the WPS connection is successful.
- The moment you find it appropriately established, there will be a WPS green light on the extender.
- After that, you need to repeat the same procedure once again in case of extending the network to the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
- Then, relocate the extender by plugging it into an area where you wish to extend the network.
- Now, check whether the WPS LED light is still green or not. If it shows red, that means you need to put the extender closer to the router.
Setup Using Tether APP
- First, unbox your extender and remove all the tapes and packaging stuff.
- After that, hook up the extender near to the wall socket where your router is placed.
- As a result, you will find the green light on the extender. It indicates that the extender is connected well with the router.
- Now, proceed further with the TP Link Extender setup procedure.
- For this, configure your extender by opening PlayStore or App Store on your phone.
- Then, go to the settings option and connect your device with the extender via a WiFi network. For this, connect it to the default network, which is the tp-link extender, by entering the password. Once the connection is complete, close the settings.
- Now, launch the Tether app on your mobile. You will find a login page, create a password.
- As a result, your host network search will start. Opt for your router in case of 2.4 GHz and input the password correctly. Then, click on the ‘Next.’
- After that, choose the host network of 5 GHz, input the password for the same, and click ‘Next’.
- Later, verify the host network that you have opted for, and hit the ‘Next’ button to proceed with the tp-link ac1200 extender setup.
- Setup the network name SSID as per your choice and click on the ‘Apply’ button.
- As a result, the settings are applied successfully.
- Now, relocate the extender and connect it to the extended network. Click on the ‘Join’ tab.